Egyptian Neonatal Safety Training Network (ENSTN) Project outputs
- Document of patient Safety standards for neonatal intensive care units patients in Arabic and English languages.
- Summary of patient Safety standards for NICU patients in English, and Arabic.
- Document for necessary knowledge, skills behaviour and attitude for safety practice in neonatal intensive care units for all health care workers .
- Documents of Egyptian Neonatal Safety Training Network (ENSTN) policy
- Developed 3 patient safety courses specifications for NICU health care workers one for physician, one for nurse and one for other health care workers.
- Developed neonatal patient safety course specifications for medical staff / physicians, scientific content, manual of trainers and manual of trainees and power points /presentation for the neonatal patient safety course specifications for medical staff to be used during workshops.
- Developed patient safety course specifications (Arabic-English) for non-medical staff, manual of trainers and trainee and power point presentations.
- Developed PtS course specifications for nurses (English and Arabic) scientific content, manual of trainers and manual of trainees and power points /presentation
6-Developed patient safety leadership course ,and manual of trainers and trainees and scientific content power points presentations
7-Developed patient safety research course ,and manual of trainers and trainees and trainees and scientific content power points presentations
8-Documents of manual of incident/ events report
9-Established Patient safety network database for NICU (Electronic form of data entry developed in Arabic and English language ) egyneosafety.net
10-Safety events alerts , safety indicators and educational forum were developed
11-Developed 15 guidelines and 3 Arabic translated guidelines
12-Developed 5 educational videos for health care workers and parents
13-Production of awareness and educational film for the public to improve patient safety culture.
14-Dissemination tools; presentation in conferences, brochures, leaflets, 6 newsletters and media; TV and newspapers.
15-Document of parents educational booklet
16-Patient safety team in majority of participating units
17-Agreement with Zagazig medical syndicates, Egyptian association of Neonatology, Egyptian fellowship of neonatology, Perfect Company as well as health governorate of Mansoura.
18-Project plans and audits reports were developed
19-Sustainability of Egyptian Neonatal safety training network project by grant from Research and Technology Academy
20-32 NICU patient safety workshops ,11 NICU patient safety leadership workshops,14 NICU patient safety scientific research workshops,14 NICU incident report workshops were developed